Competent Rigger -ANSI 10.48
ANSI 10.48 Competent Rigger Course
The Tower Safety Competent Rigger course is designed to include the OSHA requirements for safe construction rigging work practices in the United States defined in the Code of Federal Regulations Title 29 Part 1910 and 1926, SubPart E, G, H, I, N, O, R, T, U, and V. TIA – 1019-A ,TIA 222, and TIA 322 Standards for Installation, Alteration and Maintenance of Antenna Supporting Structures and Antennas. The new ANSI 10.48 Standards Criteria for Safety Practices with the Construction, Demolition, Modification and Maintenance of Communication Structures.
Cell Tower Inspections
Rigging is one of the most important safety and risk exposure considerations on any construction project and Tower Safety & Instruction reflects that importance in our Competent Rigger Course.
- Rigging Plans
- Unforeseen Forces
- PrePlanning of rigging operations
- Periodic and frequent inspection of tools and equipment
- Monitoring of rigging work operations
- OSHA Rules and Regulations
- Hand Signals – Download our free Crane Hand Signal chart https://towersafety.com/crane-signal-person/
- Capstan Hoist
Students are provided with a Riggers Handbook and a wallet Rigging Card to emphasize the importance of Tower Safety & Instruction training efforts. These handbooks and wallet cards are a quick reference for basic safe rigging practices, sling tables, crane hand signals, and shackle charts.
Tower Safety & Instruction is changing the “Safety behavior one student at a time!“
go ahead do something impossible today, Get Tower Certified!
Call us , And Schedule YOUR Competent Rigger, Capstan Training and Hand Signal training, we will visit your location or we would love to see you at one of our training locations.
We have 2 locations:
- 3620 S. 40th street, Phoenix, AZ 850402
- 555 Lucy Garrett Road, Roxboro, North Carolina, USA 27574
Competent Rigger Training Classroom Learning Objectives
Competent Rigger: This is an eight hour course that discusses the fundamentals of rigging.
It is designed for rigging and handling loads in wireless construction that must
adhere to the OSHA and ANSI/TIA 1019 regulations
- Policies, OSHA, ANSI 10.48 standards, TIA 1019 and TIA 322 rigging regulations Tower Safety
- Rigging Plans
- Rigging Components
- Rigging Identification
- Center of Gravity
- Steel Slings/Synthetic Slings/Rigging Hardware/Hitches-Capacities-Sling Protection
- Recognize where the horizontal sling angles are located in a rigging triangle.
- Determine how to calculate the load angle multiplier for slings.
- Calculate sling tension when the center of gravity is in the middle of the load.
- Supporting Structure Loading
- Load Factor
- TIA 322
- Capstan Rigging
- Crane Hand Signals
Call us – 480-313-0678 and Schedule YOUR Competent Rigger Training !
We will visit your location or would love to see you at our training facilities
Phoenix, AZ; Hendersonville, NC
We know your time is valuable and lets us work with your schedule. We are available evenings and weekends.
Tower Safety is proud to be working with industry leaders RiggingCalc
RiggingCalc is the premier force calculator and rigging plan generator. Web-based with training videos and access to live support; our unique features and efficient workflow will bring benefit to companies both large and small.